Friday, December 27, 2013

Simple.Web F# Project Template - Part 2

Much thanks to Daniel Mohl for his help in creating this project template. After some cleanup, the issues I ran into were cleared up and I was able to produce a functioning template.

After receiving Daniel's feedback (all in my Twitter feed), this was pretty easy:

  • Install Template Builder 1.0.3.22-beta or higher;
  • Change the Is-TemplateSubFolder value to "Simple.Web";
  • Make the Repository Id in the VSTemplate file match the Product Id in the manifest file;
  • Remove references to Packages.config from the fsproj and vstemplate files;
  • Make all nupkg files have a build action of "Content", and set "Include in VSIX" to true;
  • Set "ReplaceParameters" to "true" in the VSTemplate file for AssemblyInfo.fs.

So, here it is, my first Visual Studio extension, and project template: Simple.Web F#. Please let me know what you think or if you have any issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment